The Student Drama Association is now accepting
Famous for Fifteen Playwriting Workshop
- Plays should be less than 15 minutes in length
- Playwright must be available to attend the reading February 22
- Upon acceptance into the workshop, playwrights will meet once with SDA to hear their play read AND meet with a mentor for feedback. They will then have the opportunity to revise their script once before performance.
- Screenplays will be considered, but will only be accepted if SDA believes they will make a good theatrical reading.
- Submissions must include a cover sheet with the following information: Name, Title of Play, BRIEF Synopsis, Characters and Descriptions, VALID Contact Information
PAPER SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCPETED THIS YEAR. SUBMIT DIGITAL COPY OF COVER SHEET AND SCRIPT BY JANUARY 3, 2014 AT MIDNIGHT TO: email@example.com
Please submit in PDF or Microsoft Word only.
Use the subject line “Famous for Fifteen” when sending your script.
Submissions Due—January 3
Plays Decided and Playwrights Informed—January 16
Plays Read aloud for Playwrights—Tuesday January 21, 1-2 pm in the Green Room
Playwrights meet with a mentor/make edits—January 16-31
Final scripts due to directors—February 1
Tech—February 21, evening and February 22, afternoon
Performance—Saturday February 22, evening